Tuesday 24 September 2013

Vodafone's London Fashion Weekend






Evening lovelies!!
I have been so excited to write this post as I was struggling to keep in my excitement from the weekend for even a day!! I spent the weekend in London as the boyfriend got me tickets for my birthday to Vodafone's London Fashion Weekend! I hadn't been to it before and it was such a nice surprise as I'm not sure I would have ended up going if he hadn't!

But anyways - on to the interesting stuff!!! The event is a shopping lovers dream, as you will see from the photos below! Which I also apologise for as I had borrowed my friends camera for the day (as mine has sadly left me for camera heaven!) and I foolishly didnt charge it for long enough before hand, although I brought the charger like an eager photographer there was no where to plug it in so the photos were taken in a kind of hurried, 'quick the battery may leave me at any moment' kind of way!! (Just purchased a new camera though which I and the blog are very very excited for!!!!! This is the start of some beautiful blogging!!!) From what I did get though you can clearly see how incredibly lustful they all are. Balmain, Viktor and Rolf, endless vintage fur pieces (which I obviously struggled to leave behind-it definitely had one up on Emmaus!!), Vivienne Westwood and American Vintage, to name just a few!! Everything is at discounted prices and if you go prepared you really can bag endless bargains!!

  
  

Tom kindly treated me to a piece from the Wishlist London collection which was the first Wishlist piece I owned and I cant rate this jewellery enough!! I got the buddha palm bracelet which I am obsessed with and after spying a few similar pieces on Etsy I was determined to find a bracelet like this!! I am not sure what Wishlist jewellery retails for normally but I will definitely be checking out the website to find myself some other delicate beauties.


& this is where my camera ran out! Literally minutes before the show began so you can imagine my disappointment. My trusty iPhone had to step in as backup (see photos of show further down!).


The Kinder Bueno room was giving out free hand and back massages and not to mention unlimited Bueno's which we obviously made good use of!! We needed it to prepare for the 1hour queue which unknowingly awaited us... 


...And this is what it was ultimately for!! Maybelline Back Stage had their own event room which prior to the weekend had been promoting Mollie King as the face of, which just happens to be Tom's ultimate favourite girl of all time blah blah blah ha! So we 'happily' waited outside after being told it would only take 5 minutes in eager hope of meeting Mollie at the other side. 1 hour later and once in the room, there was no Mollie to be found just walls of Maybelline makeup and a green screen which placed you on your very own virtual catwalk. After waiting an hour it only seemed right to take advantage of this little novelty and this is what I got....



Got to admit I think I would rather have met Mollie!!! But I think Tom was feeling more let down than anyone in there!! Sorry fella!!! Theres always next time!!



Gilet/Topshop, Jumper/Sandro, Trousers/H&M, Shoes/Next, Bag/Mulberry, Jewellery/Vintage/Marc Jacobs
...and this is what I wore!! I was lusting after this green Topshop gilet ever since I saw it a few months back!! Its one of those colours thats just rich and full of goodness! The jumper is Sandro and I was going to pair it with a leather skirt I found in a vintage store but the weather did not permit so I went for my trusty leather H&M trousers and new Next heels which I got for work last week but have not taken off since! I am always guilty of investing in heels too high, thinking I will easily be able to manage an 8 hour shift in them to find how incredibly wrong I am, so these heels for me were a wise choice and for that I am very proud of myself!! 


The trend show which we attended after was held in Somerset house which was amazing to experience, knowing you were in the same spot as all the favourites, metres away from where the likes of Harry Styles, Kate Moss and Alexa Chung all sat. It definitely gave me the itch to eventually make it there myself, attending London, NYC, Paris and Milan - thats the dream and one day hopefully I'll be blogging from all the big ones, looking back at this moment and knowing its where it all started!


We finished off the afternoon by heading over to Hotel ME as my best friend Joely recommended having a drink on their amazing rooftop. Unfortunately the weather wasn't hot cocktail type temperatures but we made the most of it none the less and I would definitely return, the rooms at Hotel ME are incredible wherever you are in the world so if you are ever in the area definitely take a look!!!



We finished off the weekend by meeting up with friends in Shoreditch for dinner at Pizza East and drinks at Hoxton Bar and Kitchen which we always seem to find ourselves whenever in London. 
All in all an amazing weekend and I definitely encourage any of you fashion lovers to take a trip to London Fashion Weekend next season!!! Just go with bags of money!!

Apologies for the bombardment of photos in this post but after all thats what blogging is about? 

Bloglovin'/Twitter

 photo Signature_zps8091ceaa.jpg

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! such an amazing experience :)

SeamsTheory

Becky Temple said...

lovely post, looks like you had a great time, love your outfit! x

http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Looks like a fab day out!! Your mustard gilet is gorgeous.

http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

xo

Anonymous said...

shopping heaven! adore your outfit x
http://jadegillett.blogspot.com/

Maybe Its Megan Leigh said...

What a great boyfriend you have, mine gets bored out of his mind just general shopping let alone London Fashion Week haha. Lovely outfit too!
What camera did you end up buying? I'm looking into a new one for my blog too, but there's so many I don't know where to start.
Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

Unknown said...

Haha If mollie hadnt been there he would definitely not have come haha!!! I got a Panasonic in the end, the colours really true to life and picture qualities amazing for a digital camera! Il do a post about it :) xxx

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

your vest is amazing! it's such a cute color!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Ana said...

Amazing pics!

Www.lessismoreblog.com

Rasa said...

You're gorgeous!
Lovely blog<3
http://aimerose.blogspot.dk/

Unknown said...

Omg love it! This looks like so much fun.

Click HERE to enter my fabulous blog giveaway!

Toks said...

Looks like you had an amazing time. Thanks so much for your visit and comment.
Happy Sunday
xoxoxo

Francesca Louise said...

great post! xx
http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

Francesca Louise said...

great post! xx
http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

lalalaPatricia said...

I'm loving the Gilet sweetie! Looking great! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know, I'd love to come back here pronto! :)

http://www.lalalapatricia.info/

MissionStyle said...

This looks amazing and love your outfit!!!

What are the chances of Tom buying me a ticket next year? ; ) X

Thanks for sharing your blog on mine!

Missionstyleuk@blogspot.com

MakiMaki Vintage said...

You're living the dream! And you look GORGEOUS! Vintage furs <3 <3 <3 So hard for me not to keep all of our furs for myself!!

xo Noelle

MakiMaki Vintage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...