Monday 9 September 2013

NYFW Round Up - Edition 1

So I began summarising my favourite NYFW shows and found that the list just piled up and up, squeezing every designer in to this post would have been far too overwhelming for the most fashion conscious follower. So I have decided to break it down in to bite size instalments for all of your viewing pleasures!! Personally I find it difficult to keep up with the shows especially if you're not on their time zone so I found a few helping hands such as Olivia Palermo's live feed and my must have, go-to site for a complete run down of every designer is style.com! If you havent checked these out then make sure you do as they do an amazing job at making you feel as part of the action as possible. 

It may have only just begun but already its evident that oversized everything is in for SS14 along with a whole host of inspiration taken from being just plain happy. When designers were asked how best to describe their collection this word just kept cropping up and I love them for it because after all, fashion is all about personal expression and if you're not happy doing it then really whats the point?



Alexander Wang
It was hard to ignore Wang's statement Parental Advisory tag lines and name branded dresses on the runway which will for sure be one of the IT pieces for Spring Summer, most likely with a tongue and cheek counterpart stocked in all high street stores to rival the exclusive originals here. 

Tibi
Tibi is known for its minimalism, with followers such as Elin Kling and Fashion Toast's Rumi Neely however this season they incorporated a more feminine touch with florals, pastel shades and floaty tassels. I strongly enjoy these alterations to their previously structured, contemporary designs as they still manage to keep all of those things whilst making it more appealable to the feminine girl. & we all know my obsession with a floral so this immediately had me sold, the wooden, barely there hats however, left little to be desired. 

Mara Hoffman 
For those who follow my Instagram will know I went through a phase of being obsessed with this ladies swimwear, which personally I believe should be a necessity when on any beach! Her trademark prints are what keep me coming back for more and every season she delivers! The thing I love the most about this year is how she describes the line - "this collection is about straight up happiness, I know that sounds hippie dippie but its real". For me thats all I need to hear. A line full of happiness? I want it all!!

Rebecca Taylor
Taylor's three key words for this collection are 'fresh, modern and beautiful' and for Spring Summer style what more could you want? I love minimal with a twist and Rebecca achieves this effortlessly, adding floral cut outs and animal print to revive the contemporary nature of her designs. The appearance of denim is also making me a little bit excited as I am genuinely tying my hardest to incorporate the fabric in to my every day wear!! 

Rachel Roy
I fell in love with Rachel's style last season and was even more impressed this year. A lot of leopard (which I am coveting at the moment - another one of my phases - which for the moment is going no where), cut outs and the odd summer bright pant suit, a staple which I am yet to find at a desirable price. This is definitely something Topshop will be taking inspiration from next season. 

Pierre Balmain
Presented in digital form again this year, Balmain have created a punk, 90's inspired collection which has leathers to die for (again - another one of my recent loves). So for that I just had to include them!

(photo credit-style.com)

Check back and follow for more runway inspo taken from all this years shows!! 
Which were your favourite collections so far?





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...