Wednesday 2 October 2013

THE Black Fur Gilet

Top & Trousers both/H&M, Gilet/Oxfam, Boots/River Island, Bag/Mulberry

Hellllo!

So please excuse my picture quality here, I am still getting used to my new camera/was too eager to wait for my flatmate to get home to take some snaps of this AMAZING gilet I just bagged from Oxfam! I love vintage shopping and I love finding unique pieces but I have to admit, city centre Manchester is not the best for vintage shops, apart from Oldham street and Cow - I have yet to find any jaw dropping purchases! My friends and I keep promising each other we will venture out to places near Alderley as we hear charity/vintage shops around there have some real jems. We have set a date for next weekend and I am determined to stick to it. 
However, I may have to start eating my words! I have been looking for a fur gilet for this winter for yonks, and as much as I love my Topshop green beauty, I didnt want to settle for something similar in black as there wasn't anything really unique about it. As I pined for the Whistles one which I raved about here, I decided that was most likely out of the question so I set on a hunt to find the perfect winter wooly. I found this today and I just love how the rows of fur sit, although its probably not the warmest of pieces, in all honesty, I'm not quite sure what the fabric used on this is, it was a mere £10.99 and so leaving it behind hanging lonely on the rail was just simply not an option. 
As well as this number I treated myself to a new winter boot yesterday, these black leather boots from River Island weren't my first choice but I saw them on another girl and thought how fab they looked. I am always a sucker for heels but make the mistake of going too high, so I am extremely proud of myself for choosing a pair that aren't going to completely ruin my feet after a day in them AND they were £15 cheaper. Pat on the back for me. 

What do you guys think? Whats your best vintage find?

Follow with Bloglovin'/Twitter

 photo Signature_zps8091ceaa.jpg

9 comments:

Paris said...

darling look! Make sure to stop by my blog.
I am having a really amazing "Adore Me" giveaway. It's super easy to enter.
www.CharcoalAlley.com

Peace, Love, & Good Chocolate

Paris // www.charcoalalley.com
Instagram @charcoalalley

Unknown said...

Great outfit! would you like to follow each other on GFC? xx

http://itslilylocket.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/brighton-rock.html

Lindsey said...

How luxe do you look! Fabulous. Also, I nominated you for the versatile blogger award!

Chrissabella said...

Love your trousers and jacket

Greetings from London,

www.chrissabella.blogspot.com

Nokhuthula Nyoni said...

I love your gillet, its beaut!

http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Love this outfit! xx

Unknown said...

you look amazing in this gilet!

fashioncult
xo

Belphoebe said...

Such an amazing find! And I love how you've paired the gillet with the leather trousers! You'e mega stylish!

http://www.ragsoflove.com/

by Emmanuella said...

love your outfit darl, you look amazing!
Now following your lovely blog darl'
xx

http://blueviolethearts.blogspot.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...